To be quickly rich without any labor, this is the dream of all sinners. That is the foundation of gambling.
Gambling – definition: To play a game for money or property; to bet, to take a chance, to risk on an uncertain outcome; to expose yourself to danger and to proceed in the face of it.
The attraction of gambling is entertainment and the love of money. Both are very addictive strongholds of satan. The victims are people who are lazy, covetous, foolish and ambitious in the same time. That combination is deadly. Gambling is a scheme to escape labor, but in reality, gambling is an evil spirit that kills and destroys.
‘Dear Lord Jesus, I pray that you expose this wicked, seducing, evil spirit of gambling so that we can hate it enough to separate from it totally. We ask for forgiveness for any desire to be lazy, to cheat or to covet and desire wealth in the same time. Let Your light shine on our understanding!
In Jesus name we pray,
PRAYER ALERTS (for men who commented on my blog)
- Dear Silvia, It is unfortunate that I am living this life. I just believed now that I am truly contaminated by the useless spirit of gambling. All the time, I will vow to forget going inside those shops but once I drive out, I feel some forces dragging me to go there. I am very honest in this narration. I will be weeping openly asking myself hundreds of questions why I am been dragged like this. It is a terrible situation. I have prayed and prayed and to no effect. I am really in trouble. How else can I be dragged out of this trouble? Any other help or advice? I know that the only person who can me help is Jesus, the Victor Himself. Please pray for me…
- Dear Silvia, I am in the verge of taking my life because I do not understand how I became a gambler. I used to be a born again in Christ but since I came to Europe, life turned me upside-down. Living in UK it has been the greatest regrets in my life. The government is making people lose their lives because they made gambling easy to come to your doorsteps because it generates lots of taxes for them, I have tried to run away from gambling but they keep bringing the shops to my doorsteps. I have lost all I have and I’m never happy with my life. My wife took my children away because she doesn’t understand me anymore. The worst part is that none of my friends and family knows that I am gambling. I have successfully hid it from even to my closest friends for 5 years now. I have discovered that every gambler is a liar. God hates lies. I don’t understand how these forces push me around. I will pray and pray to avoid it yet, that week will be the worst in my finances and it will force me to think of way out. I lost my job as a hotel Manager because of lack of concentration and mistake I’ve made, so I got fired. The next day, I found myself stealing fish in the market and I was caught and handed over to the police. All these happened in a space of one day. I did not see the fish and I paid through my nose for it and now I have a police record. I don’t even remember how it all happened. I don’t believe I did it but they said I did it and shame and ignorance of what is happening to me, I was cold and shaking.
- I have lost my confidence in my abilities as a man. I lost my speech and can’t even speak proper English. I think like a 10 year old. I am afraid to walk out of my house because the next minute, I will sneak into gambling machines. There, young people are crying asking how they became gamblers. The addiction is much worse than drug addiction. I am now sick from diabetes because of nervousness. I shake a lot and fear will take all my motions and senses out of my life. I can’t sleep well. I am not eating well and I never have money in my account. My mortgage is under threat. My car is about to be taken because I had it on higher purchase. I don’t have good job anymore to meet up with my expenses. I don’t know how to rescue myself from this addiction. Pastors have prayed for me. Some exposed me when I made confession which I did not like. I am in real trouble and need any assistance from anywhere. I was just checking for the spirit of gambling and yours popped up so, I started reading it and it got me moved.
- I decree that I am free from the spirit of gambling for the Word became flesh and dwelt among men to be their light which shines in darkness and the darkness comprehends it not. After reading this little but powerful blog, the word entered me like it entered Ezekiel when he began to prophesy. Silvia, I cannot thank you enough for this page for my life has taken a new path from now on. I was (am) a very good Christian until I came to Europe and the spirit of haste and gambling took over me, blown all my life savings from home and from work. An insatiable desire to make quick money suddenly possessed me.
I declare that I am an over comer and I can all things thru Christ who strengthen me. .
My desire today is that I will return to encourage as many who are fighting bad habits in their lives. May God grant us speedy recovery from the days the canker worm has eaten away. Peace in Jesus name to your soul.
- Dear Silvia, My name is D… I’m in the same situation; Gambling has destroyed me, my wife, my business, my family and children. Please pray for me so I could be delivered from the spirit of gambling.
Six months later…
Dear Silvia, Thanks for your prayer. Indeed the Lord is good. Not only I have stopped gambling, now I am attending a Christian gambling re- habilitation program in a church I started attending. I gave my life to Christ. I love to serve Him. Praise God I am healed in Jesus Name. I also get encouragement from your posting and your program on you tube. Overflow. Sermon…..Amen
“Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you on behalf of Your children. I ask for mercy and forgiveness on their behalf. I ask that You come down and intervene in their lives. They need You! They need Your deliverance! They need a new beginning with You!
You devil, you worldly evil spirit of gambling, you spirit of fear, suicide and witchcraft… I come against you and command you to leave God’s children now! I destroy your spell upon their lives! I destroy any occult covenant made against their souls!
I plead the Blood of Jesus over their body, soul, spirit, marriage, family, business and ministry!
Holy Spirit please come!
We vow to give God alone all the glory for the miracles of deliverance!
I declare that the power of sin is broken! Let God’s name be glorified!
In Jesus name